No matter how fast the latest mobile data networks are, T-Mobile Edge is still the most reliable mobile data technology.
If you’re here, you must be looking for the causes of why you’re stuck with the T-Mobile Edge network and how to fix the issue. If yes, we’ve got your back. Read the complete article to find the solutions to your T-Mobile Edge problem.
What is T-Mobile Edge?
So, what is t-mobile edge? Sometimes, you might have noticed your mobile network suddenly dropping from 5G or 4G to E. People who don’t know much about telecommunication might get confused about what is happening and why.
Well, it means that your mobile data service is working in the EDGE mode. Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution or EDGE is an outdated network. It is a part of decade-old 2-G networks which you can see rarely nowadays.
Why Are You Stuck at the T-Mobile Edge Network?
In the world of 5G networks, nobody opts for EDGE willingly. Then, why does your mobile network show EDGE mode sometimes?
- The first reason behind the issue is that you are in a weaker coverage zone. Hence, your mobile is unable to establish a 4G or 5G connection, making it shift to EDGE by default.
- Another reason is that you’re in a remote area with some to no cell towers. In such areas, it’s difficult to find a 4G or 5G network, making your device network shift to the EDGE signal by default.
- Lastly, if your phone is not compatible with a 4G or 5G network, it will default to the EDGE signal. It can also occur if your phone is malfunctioning.
How to Fix the T-Mobile EDGE Issue?
T-Mobile is the only network that you can find even in the remote area. However, it is quite slower than most networks that we use today. Hence, being stuck with the t-moble edge can be bothersome.
Here are a few ways you can fix the T-Mobile Edge issue in a few minutes.
- The easiest way to fix the issue is by restarting your phone. It helps reset the network connection on your device, allowing it to connect properly.
- You can also try restarting your mobile data. You can simply turn your mobile data off, wait for some time and then, turn it on again.
- If the issue persists, you can try turning on the Aeroplane mode. It helps by temporarily disabling all networks and establishing a better network connection, once you turn it back off.
- You must check if your phone system is not outdated. You can visit the settings on your device and look for the system update. If available, update it to fix the T-Mobile Edge issue.
- You must try removing the SIM card and installing it again on your device. It will reset the network settings.
If your device is still stuck with the t-mobile edge network, you can set your mobile network back to default settings. You can also reach out to your network provider for further professional assistance.